PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : winter trip.

Unregistriert
30.05.2005, 16:34
Here’s a question for the well travelled out there...

I am in the very lucky position that I have nothing to do between late October and the Beginning of March when I start a new job (I sit my final exam of a Mech Eng degree on Fri!). I am heading away on a van trip to Morocco/Spain over the summer for 3 months but am looking for somewhere cheap to spend Autumn/Winter...
I am not too bothered about temp, obviously the warmer the better but am more than willing to don the 5/3. I will be looking for consistent wind and reasonable waves (nothing TOO epic!) most of all I will be looking for somewhere CHEAP! My focus has to be quality time on the water over pretty much anything else. I am not bothered about nightlife, scummy surroundings etc...I am more than happy to slum it if it means I can sail in sweet conditions for 3-4 months!!

I want to be able to survive the winter on a £3 grand budget including travel too and from but not any new purchases...this balance is a difficult one as some places will be expensive to get to but cheapish to live - Jeri etc. Where as I could get to Ireland pretty cheap with my kit but the living would probs cost more...

Would west coast Aus be viable? NZ? GC? West Ireland? Tiree? SA (i know it would be classic but how long could I survive for on £3grand??), Rhossi!!? Lesser known spots in Sweden, Germany, Croatia, France, Denmark...?

Any observations/recommendations would be much appreciated. I know this is a pretty open ended question but I really have no idea where will be consistent over the winter months...

Cheers

Harry

p.s. Thanks for any answers - sorry i do not speak German!

Unregistriert
30.05.2005, 21:43
I recon West Oz is the place to go, very consistent, good waves, nice people and relativly cheap (exept the flight) if you spent most of the time camping or you try to find a cheap house, flat or room to share with some other people. I´ve spent two winters over there and would go again. For more details just let me know your email.
Burk