PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Hanstholm: There are plans that will destroy this spot.

Unregistriert
29.06.2005, 14:39
The danish authorities have plans to enlarge the harbour at Hanstholm. This will change the wave- and wind-situation completely. Perhaps even destroy this beautiful spot.

If anybody has ideas as to how this can be prevented, please post them here or on the danish site www.surfersinfo.dk

Unregistriert
29.06.2005, 14:41
just some info:
Hanstholm is the spot that is most commonly sailed in the Klitmöller area. It is in many peoples oppinion the best wave-spot in northern europe.

Yours

Mikkel Simonsen

Mark21
29.06.2005, 15:48
That's true, but I think they don't count on the opinion of just 1000 surfers. infrastructure, business and more jobs for this region are more important for the local people, than to keep a surfspot alive (even nature aspects would count more)
so it's maybe better not to do big actions against this project - most surfers are guests anyway. Keep an eye on the coast in the east of hanstholm, starting with hamborg, vigsoe, bulberg etc - not less good and without smell.

Just my opinion

ILoveHanstholm
30.06.2005, 09:33
Spots like Vigso,Bulbjerg are always smaller than the waves in Hanstholm, nice spots but not playing in the same league. The best Windsurfing sessions I ever had took place in Middles/Hanstholm. Long waves, lots of turns on one wave, you know that section a little downwind, where the wave builds up again and seem to go forever ? I love it and it would be a big loss to the windsurfing community when this spot will not work anymore. The biggest problem I see with the protests that there are surfing forbut signs since years now, so we don't have a right to be there.

And...we all like that nice smell... ;-)