PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Simmer XFLEX

The Bartman
24.12.2008, 21:12
Hi,

I need to buy some new sails as the old ones are end of their life. I'm currently sailing NP Search 4, 4.7, 5.3 and 6.2 and I need to replace on short term at least the 4 and 5.3 and probably the 4.7 a little after.

As I´m a lightweight surfer I'm shifting to pure/allround wavesail rather than a power wavesail. I'm considering the NP Combat, but I ran into a really nice offer of Simmer XFLEX '08 sails. Does anyone have experience with these sails, especially in not always perfect wave conditions? (Dutch coast is my base)

Another option could be the Gun Sails, which got a quite good review in the Surf test of last year. It comes almost 2 sails for the price of one NP, which leaves some nice budget for an extra RDM mast :-) Has anyone good or bad experiences shifting from an A-brand like NP to Gun?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

The Bartman

max2air
25.12.2008, 08:57
Hey Batman,

Maybe you might also take a look at secret sails. They are almost the same as gunsails, but ,to my opinion, better manufactored. The Wave Sails are made of 100% x-ply, so I guess it will be hard to destroy them. the quality can definitely be compared to NP, HSM or Ezzy, but they are much ceaper.

I would recomment the Mitic to you. It's a sideshore wavesail, so it has not so much power but therefore a really neutral and easy handling.

so long

The Bartman
28.12.2008, 15:09
Hi Max2air,

I've seen the offer. Looks interesting, though the Simmers are not much more expensive: 3 simmer Xflex sails for 900. Do you sail Secret Sails as well?

The Bartman